What is Mindful Self-Compassion?
Mindfulness is bringing non-judgmental awareness to the present moment. Self-Compassion is treating ourselves with the same kindness and compassion as we would a good friend.
Benefits of Mindful Self-Compassion
- Deeper listening to self and others.
- Being more comfortable with vulnerability.
- Become aware of how hard we can be on ourself and the unhelpful impact it has.
- Creating a more helpful view of self.
- Meeting moments of struggle with kindness instead of with harsh self criticism.
- Increase motivation and inner strength needed to meet life’s challenges and obstacles.
Creators of the Mindful Self-Compassion for Teens Program
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC) is a program created for adults by Dr Kristin Neff and Dr Chris Germer. Mindful Self-Compassion for Teens (MSC-T) (The program formerly known as Making Friends with Yourself) is the teen adaptation of MSC created by Dr Karen Bluth and Lorraine Hobbs.
BUILDING YOUR RESILIENCE TOOLBOX
An online MFY program for teens providing practical tools for managing stress and the many challenges and obstacles life brings.
with Alex Espinosa
Schedule an appointment with Alex.
Upcoming program meets weekly on Sundays
from September 12th to October 31st
1-on-1 Mindfulness Coaching
with Marina Barnes
Schedule a session with Marina.
Cultivate a gentler and kinder voice by diving deeper into core value.